Children’s and Youth Ministry is highly valued with Celebrate and is not considered or reduced to a ‘bolt-on extra’. It is an age appropriate ministry designed to meet the spiritual needs of children and young people in a fun and engaging way.
At Celebrate the children and young people are split into different groups (we call them Streams). Each of these Streams presents relevant age related Catholic teaching that takes place within a fun filled atmosphere which seeks to encourage and build them up in faith. At every one of the Celebrate Regional Weekends you will find up to 6 streams (+ a crèche with a video link for Mums and Dads) run by experienced teams that are excited about sharing their faith in the love of God and the riches of the Church.
We are aware that children and young people coming to Celebrate Weekends come from different levels of faith practice, and may have some experience of Charismatic Renewal or none at all, and be at different stages in their relationship with Jesus. Our Stream leaders plan carefully to cater for this range of relationships coming to Celebrate. All are encouraged to grow closer to Jesus and invite the Holy Spirit to work in their lives.
We don’t underestimate the faith of children
Children can have a relationship with Jesus from a very young age. For some children we will be sowing important ‘seeds’ of faith to be harvested at a later stage. For others we will be helping them develop in their relationship with Jesus, giving them tools for prayer and their daily walk with Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our key aims are…
- To re-affirm them of the reality of God’s love for them.
- To give them an experience of faith that is alive, active and relevant.
- To build up faith in the use of the charismatic gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- To help them deepen their relationship with God and take the next step on their faith journey, however big or small a step it maybe.
- To provide opportunities for them to experience and grow in Christian friendship with others of a similar age.
- To provide opportunities for them to be listened to, affirmed and supported through any doubts, struggles and questions they have with faith issues.
All those who lead the children and young people’s streams at Celebrate are DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service) with additional references and also work within our Child Protection Policy and Guidelines for Good Practice in Children’s Streams. Celebrate adheres to a strict safeguarding policy which is updated annually.
We do our best to accommodate children with additional needs to ensure they get the most out of their time at Celebrate. To give our stream teams enough time to plan, we do ask that you register your child, and disclose their additional needs on your conference booking form, at least one week before the start of the conference.